Announcing the “Deformers: ReFormed” Game Update
On April 21st, we took a big step as a studio and launched Deformers, our first multi-platform multiplayer game. It all started as a passion project for Ready At Dawn, a chance for us to go back to our independent roots. What was at first a couple of developers experimenting with our tech has now turned into a passionate team of 20. Since the early days of making this game, we’ve strived to keep a small team mentality that has remained to this day.
We’ve had our fair share of growing pains through development and launch. The team has continued to work tirelessly around the clock and, as you have seen, we’ve already deployed multiple smaller updates to address the challenges we encountered. With your help and the guidance you’ve provided, we were able to stabilize our matchmaking and database services. We’re aware that some players are still experiencing challenges with connectivity. Matchmaking queue times have been impacted as a result, and remedying this has been our focus and number one priority.
With many of the launch challenges and growing pains behind us, I am excited to let you all know that we will be releasing our first major update to Deformers, “Deformers: ReFormed”, on June 8th at 10:00AM PT — our chance to do right by you. Beyond a number of optimizations and bug fixes that will address many of the outstanding concerns you’ve raised, this update will also bring some major and exciting additional features to the game:
- Offline Couch Co-Op – You will be able to enjoy a truly offline couch co-op experience with up to 3 of your friends. A PlayStation Plus/Xbox Live Gold membership will no longer be required for this mode.
- Cross-Network Play – To bring the community closer together, players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the option to matchmake against Steam players and vice-versa.
- Tutorials – We’ll be rolling out new, in-game tutorials to help players get up-to-speed on the basics and core mechanics of Deformers, as well as learn about Powers and Classes. You’ll have a chance to perfect your skills before entering the combat arena. We plan on implementing more advanced tutorials in the future, which will reveal the deeper strategies behind Deformers’ game mechanics.
- Console Quick Chat – Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One now have access to Quick Chat, an in-game tool that makes it easier than ever to communicate with others in the lobby and game.
But this update would not be complete without a big thank you to everyone who has played, helped us improve the game experience, and followed our journey since the beginning. So we wanted to announce a few initiatives for both existing and new players:
- In-Game Currency – Firstly, in appreciation of our current players for the support you have given us, we’ll be adding 30,000 Silver to every player account that was created prior to the time of this posting (June 6th at 9:00AM PT); Silver can be used to unlock Styles, Tags, Taunts, and Emotes in the Workshop.
- Free Weekend – Secondly, we will start a Free Weekend event on all platforms that will go live June 8th at 10:00AM PT on Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Free Weekend 50% Off Promotion – And lastly, starting during the Free Weekend period and lasting until June 15th, Deformers will be on sale for 50% off on Steam and the PlayStation Store. Additionally, Deformers will be on sale for 50% off on every platform from June 9th-15th through the online GameStop store and at retail locations.
This is only the start. We have more updates, features, and surprises coming your way in the coming weeks and months.
So on behalf of the entire Deformers team, as well as everyone at Ready At Dawn, thank you all again for your feedback, support, and encouragement. We’re excited for the opportunity to learn and grow with you. See you in the arena!
Ready At Dawn